Reporting to the Administrator, the Environmental Services Manager/Food and Nutrition Manager (dual role) will be responsible for the organization and co-ordination of environmental services and for the overall operation of the Dietary Department. More specifically, this person is responsible for the facility maintenance services, (grounds, equipment, machinery), laundry services and housekeeping services as well as the supervision and coordination of dietary staff. The position is responsible for staffing needs in the two departments.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- A minimum of two years of experience in a supervisory capacity;
- A sound knowledge of the Long Term Care Act, Nursing Home Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS and any other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislation that influence the operation of a nursing home;
- Broad knowledge of maintenance and experience in building trades;
- Knowledge of good sanitation and food handling techniques to maintain effective infection control; Knowledge of nutritional requirements of long term care residents;
- Post-secondary education at the college or university level in an accredited course in building services supervision;
- Graduate from a recognized program in Food Service Management, or Technology or equivalent experience;
- Must be eligible for the membership in the Canadian Society of Nutritional Management;
- Proven ability to lead people, manage priorities and time effectively;
- Must be mature and possess good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents and other staff;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment;
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights and weekends;
- Some travel is required along with a valid driver's license.
Successful candidates must provide a current criminal record check and vulnerable sector search.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields