Reporting to the General Manager, the Food & Beverage Manager will be responsible for the appearance, service levels, food preparation and profitability of the Food & Beverage department. This is very much a public and staff relations’ type of position, which will require a hands on approach. The focus of this position will be customer related, encompassing cost controls including food, labor and all other related costs. The F&B manager will also be responsible for ensuring overall cleanliness, work place health and safety, staff hiring and training. Availability to work days and evenings is required.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparing or monitoring the preparation of service daily and special event menu plans to ensure individual dietary needs;
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with residents and their families in order to determine individual needs, resolve issues or concerns, and evaluate resident satisfaction;
- Ensuring that the services provided to resident’s meet or exceed client and Chartwell’s expectations;
- Providing residents with a safe and comfortable environment and ensuring a high level of customer service
- Working closely with the team to ensure effective communication in the building;
- Providing leadership and direction to food & beverage staff;
- Forecasting, monitoring and approving expenditures from the budget allocated to food services;
- Actively involved in bringing in additional F&B Revenue through guest meals, catering and special events;
- Following Chartwell standard purchasing procedures that maximize our purchasing power while maintaining or exceeding facility quality and service standards and Provincial and legal requirements;
- Developing and implementing inventory control systems to maximize saving and minimize waste;
- Working closely with sales to promote the properties Food & Beverage offerings to the broader community;
- Liaison with municipal and provincial agencies concerning food safety and health and safety issues.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Food & Beverage management in the hospitality industry;
- Minimum of 2 years of cooking experience in the hospitality industry;
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a server in the hospitality industry;
- Experience in handling Labour Relations issues (preferred);
- Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma in Food and Beverage Management from a recognized institution;
- Some formal cooking courses from a recognized institution (Red Seal or equivalent an asset);
- Must have a current Food Handlers certificate, current First Aid Certificate & CPR;
- Certificate from the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM) is an asset.
Successful candidates must provide a current criminal record check and vulnerable sector search.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields