The Laundry Aide performs various laundry duties associated with providing residents with the required laundry service.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Sort and separate items to be laundered in accordance with laundering requirements;
- Operate automatic washing machines, dryers, iron and sewing machine;
- Hand iron and folds or hangs garments after laundering;
- Transport laundered garments to appropriate floors;
- Ensure proper identification of all personal clothing;
- Maintain a clean work environment, dusting and washing equipment and shelves as required;
- Perform simple mending and repairs;
- Maintain appropriate level of supplies e.g. soap, bleach, fabric softener and thread;
- Clean working area upon completion of the shift.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience in laundry operation is desirable but not mandatory;
- Must understand the basis of good laundry techniques/practices.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields