The role of the Programs and Support Services Manager is to develop and co-ordinate meaningful programs and services to meet the needs of all the residents in the home.
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance, completion of annual Performance Appraisals, Staff Appreciation and/or Progressive Discipline measures where required, promote ongoing education in the field of Recreation and Leisure Services, develop annual goals and objectives for the department;
- Ensure that optimal safety standards are maintained by all Recreation Staff;
- Participation in Resident Care Conferences, Operational Strategic Plans;
- Support Resident Documentation Requirements including: Resident Assessment/Re-assessment, Care Planning, MDS Coding, Progress Notes;
- Work with Resident and Family Councils regarding effectiveness of the Recreation and Social programs;
- Maintain a calendar of Recreational and Social Activities that support the interests, needs and cultural diversity of the Residents;
- Coordinate special Events, Outings & Entertainment, Volunteer Programs, Religious and Spiritual program opportunities;
- Ensure that the Recreation Program is operated in compliance with The Long Term Care Act and Ontario Regulations as well as other pertinent legislated standards and requirements, including compliance with occupational health and safety standards;
- As an integral member of the site leadership team, participates in decision-making particularly in matters related to staff and resident health and safety.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 1 -3 years of related experience ideally in a retirement living community, long term care or health care environment;
- Graduate of a post-secondary education program relating to recreation, gerontology, social work, or proven related experience;
- Intermediate Computer skills such as with Microsoft Office products;
- Knowledge of MDS and ActivityPro;
- Sound Organizational skills;
- Good planning and public relations, customer service and multitasking skills;
- Effective communication and the ability to interact with residents, families, community professionals and various health care agencies;
- Smart Serve.
Candidates are available for days, evening and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields