The Office Manager is responsible for all aspects of office routines and clerical duties for residents and employees in the retirement home.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide initial face-to-face and telephone contact with visitors. Provide direction to visitors and callers;
- Provide support to the Manager in the public relations, staff relations and resident care aspects of the operation of the facility;
- Welcome and orientate new residents, family and friends;
- Respond to queries from potential residents, family members and friends as required;
- Maintain a complete set of accounting records in the facility;
- Prepare all resident billings;
- Handle all queries concerning billings and payments from residents and/or their families.
- Perform payroll duties necessary for the calculation of accurate wages and salaries of all staff.
- Maintain employee records of hours worked, days absent, vacation, statutory holidays and sick time;
- As an integral member of the site leadership team, participates in decision-making particularly in matters related to staff and resident health and safety.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience;
- Successful completion of a financial management or bookkeeping diploma or certificate;
- Previous employment in a health care facility an asset but not mandatory;
- Previous experience in the accounting/bookkeeping field;
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of the elderly and/or disabled;
- Ability to relate to all levels of staff, the residents and their families, and other professionals with a high degree of patience and tolerance;
- Good communication skills; both oral and written. Demonstrated public relations skills;
- Initiative, good judgment and supervisory abilities;
- Possess the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, staff and visitors;
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.