The Business Manager is responsible for the efficient management and operation of the Long Term Care Centre business office including human resources management, payroll, accounts payables and receivables, resident business files and admission processes. They must ensure the department is operated in compliance with the Long Term Care Act and other regulations affecting the efficient operation of the business department.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Preparing resident billings on a monthly basis;
- Preparing and submitting payroll for processing;
- Recording and tracking census and reflecting changes on billings;
- Benefits administration;
- Administers and maintains financial records including banking, petty cash, resident trust, etc.
- Manages outstanding accounts;
- Performing month end reconciliation;
- Promoting Chartwell’s mission, values and vision;
- As an integral member of the site leadership team, participates in decision-making particularly in matters related to staff and resident health and safety;
- General reception duties.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience in office routines, including payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable systems. Must have good knowledge of computer skills. Knowledge with respect to the needs of long term care residents and families is an asset;
- Successful completion of a financial management or bookkeeping diploma or certificate including satisfactory typing skills
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields