The Prep Cook is responsible to assist in producing meals for residents and guests using production checks and standardized recipes.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation and cooking of meals for senior residents of a retirement residence according to the menus in place;
- Providing special diet requirements;
- Assisting the dietary staff while ensuring a clean and safe work environment is maintained;
- General kitchen duties.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 1-2 years of related experience in a retirement residence/long term home, hotel or restaurant;
- Successful completion of a Food Handling Course and Food Safety Training;
- Effective communication and organizational skills and is a co-operative team player.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields