As a regulated health professional, the Registered Dietitian is responsible for planning, coordinating and evaluating the clinical aspects of residents' nutritional care, in keeping with the Program Standards for long term care facilities.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Complete initial assessments, identifying the level of nutritional risk and developing appropriate interventions on all new residents;
- Complete resident Nutritional Assessments; including quarterly assessments and follow up documentation and interventions as needed;
- Continued monitoring and follow-up as required, assess and evaluate on a regular basis, residents need for texture modified diets and nutritional supplements;
- Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team and participate in the development and evaluation of specified nutrition care plans which includes an assessment of the resident’s needs, realistic goals and approaches and an evaluation of the outcome of the nutrition care provided;
- Will be an active member of the wound care team;
- Review all resident weights minimum monthly with care team;
- Initiate appropriate interventions and documentation as necessary;
- Modify regular menu or creates special menu as needed for individualized special diets and review and sign off seasonal menus;
- Liaise with Food Service Manager and Supervisor in kitchen procedures, resident nutrition and menu items and planning.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Registered Dietician certification with a current membership and be in good standing with the College of Dieticians in your province;
- 2 year of experience;
- Must be knowledgeable of nutritional requirements of geriatric residents; must be familiar with the current dietetic practice guidelines; and dietary allowances that provide for daily amounts to meet current Recommended Nutrient Intake as determined by Health and Welfare Canada;
- Must possess good communications, leadership and interpersonal skills. Must be able to plan, organize and evaluate the therapeutic needs and nutritional requirements of geriatric residents.
The requirements for this role are 4 hour visits every 2 weeks by the Dietician.