The Food Service Worker is responsible for assisting in the preparation and serving of meals and ensuring that work areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that cleaning schedules according to health and safety procedures are carried out;
- Assist in the maintenance of optimal safety standards to ensure the safety of residents and staff;
- Works in a way that is safe and abides by facility occupational health and safety policies;
- Provide assistance to the Cook as required to prepare meals;
- Report equipment failures and breakdowns promptly to the immediate supervisor;
- Obtain food and supplies and assist in the receiving, checking and storing of incoming supplies as directed;
- Ensure that sufficient supplies are maintained in storeroom;
- Set up and deliver menu items to designated areas;
- Assist with the serving of meals in the designated dining areas;
- Assist in setting up the dining room for each meal including cleaning up after meals;
- Perform a variety of cleaning duties including the washing of dishes, equipment counters, floors, etc.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience in kitchen operation is desirable along with understanding the basics of good sanitation and food handling techniques to avoid infection or the spread of contagious diseases;
- Completion of secondary school diploma;
- Able to read and write and follow oral instructions;
- Must have completed or willing to enroll in a food services worker program approved by the Ontario Dietetic Association and the Food Services Supervisors’ Association (or the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management).
Candidates are available for days, evenings and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields