The Bus Driver is responsible for transporting and chaperoning (as required), residents, staff and volunteers on outings including: errands, recreational programs and special events.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assists passengers on and off the bus, and ensures that they are seated in a safe and proper manner;
- Assists with transporting residents in wheelchairs;
- Liaises with staff regarding attendees of outing;
- Assists staff and/or volunteers with outings as required.
- Acts as a chaperon on outings when required (i.e. lunches, museum and theatre excursions, etc.);
- Loads and unloads equipment in a safe and proper manner;
- Maintains the bus interior and exteriors, assuring it is clean and tidy;
- Completes safety check on bus before all outings.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Valid Class "F" driver's license & clean Driver's Abstract;
- Will have experience driving and operating a Class 4 vehicle;
- First Aide Certificate;
- Experience in a retirement residence setting is preferred.
Candidates must be available to work varied shifts including, days, evenings and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields