Reporting to the Recreational Manager of the Retirement Residence, the Activity Aide provides physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual programs to the residents.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in identifying and assessing the residents needs to develop fulfilling activities;
- Encouraging and tracking the residents participation in the various programs;
- Assisting in developing, implementing and evaluating diversified programs revolving around the six dimensions of wellness;
- Creating monthly activity calendars in a timely manner;
- Coordinating a meaningful volunteer program;
- Promoting the retirement residence while developing and fostering partnerships within the community;
- Assisting and supporting other department managers, including the marketing team, as needed;
- Complying with Provincial Legislative requirements.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 1- 3 years of experience with activity planning;
- Degree or Diploma in the Recreation/Activation field is an asset;
- Experience in a retirement residence setting would be preferred;
- Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills;
- A valid Ontario Driver's License, Class F preferred or willing to obtain Class F for offsite activity transportation.
Candidates must be available to work days and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields