Reporting to the Program and Support Services Manager, this role is responsible for the coordination and scheduling of activities that provide a variety of meaningful activities to meet the physical, psychological, social, emotional and spiritual needs of the residents.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and coordinating all volunteer programs and completing all required documentation;
- Assisting with the development of appropriate program of activities for all residents through the assessment and evaluation of their needs;
- Sharing in the assessment of each resident on admission under the direction of the Program and Support Services Manager;
- Responsible for the supervision of volunteers and other community groups or agencies, educational institutions providing programs or services to the residents.
- Developing and maintaining good communication with residents, volunteers and family/friends;
- Ensuring that the activity program is operated in compliance with the Long Term Care Act and Regulations and other legislated standards including occupational health and safety standards.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Candidates should have experience in the development and execution of activity programs designed for geriatric residents;
- Knowledge of such activities as dance, dramatic arts, games, gardening, music, sports, arts and crafts along with other hobbies;
- A Degree or Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation/Activation/Leisure studies, Kinesiology or a related field;
- Volunteer management is an asset;
- Must have strong communication, leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields