The General Manager at Chartwell Heritage Glen Retirement Residence will play the lead role as they direct and support the management team at our property and is responsible for the overall operation, management and marketing of this full service retirement residence. They are responisible to manage risk and reputation while continuing to focus on improving our resident's experience.
Chartwell Heritage Glen Retirement Residence in Mississauga is part of the established Meadowvale neighbourhood. Offering an active retirement lifestyle to our residents, they enjoy both our community atmosphere, as well as our proximity to Streetsville’s many amenities. Our independent supportive living community offers spacious one-, two-, and two-bedroom-plus-den apartments with full kitchens and balconies, all with the flexibility to add a meal plan and other supportive care services.
The successful candidate will possess demonstrated leadership skills, experience, and knowledge in the following areas:
- Responsible for ensuring a safe, secure environment for all residents, complies with all levels of legislation;
- Oversees all aspects of operational programs to ensure that the programs and property consistently meet Chartwell’s expectations for a successful and profitable retirement residence, while ensuring the well-being and comfort of residents’ remains of prime importance;
- Ensures quality care and services are provided to residents. Monitors quality of care and services, reporting, planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating remedial action and improvement plans (as required);
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates all activities related to residents’ care including monitoring and recording pertinent residents care needs and reporting/referring to staff, family members and medical practitioners as required;
- Coordinating and/or carrying out the nursing actions related to the prescribed medical orders and ensuring that residents’ are involved in decisions concerning their care where appropriate;
- Ensures the provision of meals for all residents utilizing the food plan provided. Ensures all Public Health regulations are maintained in relation to food storage, handling and preparation;
- Ensures the planning, implementation and evaluation of a recreation program to meet the identified needs of the residents;
- Responds to resident or family members concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Director Regional Operations;
- Develops creative and innovative programs and policies for the recruitment and retention of all categories of staff. Plans, implements and evaluates orientation and education programs for all staff. Provides leadership and motivation to ensure staff works to meet the goals of the residence while enjoying job satisfaction;
- Assists with the preparation of the operating and capital budgets and receives budget approval from Corporate Office. Prepares monthly variance report, and submits with financial paperwork to Corporate Office for review;
- Adheres to budget and salary administration policies and practices for all staff members. Reports salary changes to the Payroll Department as required;
- Implements, evaluates and controls payroll information practices for the residence ensuring that policies are administered fairly and interpreted correctly by all staff;
- Implements, controls and evaluates Petty Cash funds for the residence. Maintains records as per Company policy and procedure and submits petty cash vouchers to Corporate Office on a monthly basis;
- Provides Corporate Office with required documents on a timely basis, including reports or letters with any municipal officials (e.g. health inspections, fire reports, building inspections or any matter as deemed the responsibility of the parent company);
- Responsible for residence and equipment maintenance, including evaluating plans, organizing and controlling repair and replacement requirements. Ensures all capital purchases are budgeted and approved by the Vice President, Project Management;
- Responsible for the implementation of innovative and creative programs to attract and retain residents.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conducts duties in accordance with Chartwell policies and procedures, as well as, government regulations, laws and policies;
- Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations. Submits required reports to the Joint Health & Safety Committee, staff, managers, and Corporate Office on a regular basis;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum of two years’ relevant experience in the retirement industry is a must;
- Graduate of a post secondary certificate/diploma or degree program in nursing, social work, gerontology, hospitality or business;
- Experience in progressively responsible roles with demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, marketing and financial planning skills.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields