The Recreation Aide will develop, implement, and evaluate diversified programs and services to meet the physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of all residents.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and assessing the residents’ needs to develop fulfilling activities;
- Encouraging resident participation in programs;
- Providing one on one support to residents while promoting interrelationships within our community;
- Providing support with the process of forecasting and monitoring expenditures of funds allocated to activation/recreation budgets
- Providing residents with a safe and comfortable environment by remaining aware of risk management issues that could compromise safety or incur liability;
- Maintaining excellent documentation systems;
- Participating in strategic planning and quality management practices.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience with activity planning, preferably in a long term care residence;
- Excellent computer skills;
- A Degree or Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation/Activation/Leisure studies, Kinesiology or a related field;
- Current first aid and CPR certification;
- A Smart Serve or Food Handler certificates are considered an asset.
Candidates are available for days, evenings, and weekends.