Reporting to the Director of Care of the Long Term Care Centre and in a collaborative relationship with the senior management team to plan, organize, direct, and coordinate resident care activities within approved policies and procedures, including orientation and continuing staff education, staff health and safety and infection control programs.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Ensures that resident's care is evaluated continuously;
- Ensures that the care plans are developed, updated, reviewed regularly, and followed consistently;
- On a scheduled basis, audit and review the resident care charts of newly admitted residents with special attention to residents identified on “high risk”. Work closely with the unit Charge Nurse to ensure that the appropriate documentation is in place as per policy;
- Audit resident care plans of care on a quarterly basis and ensure documentation accurately reflects the resident’s care requirements;
- Assists the Director of Care with hiring, supervising, appraising and disciplining assigned staff. Ensures that all assigned staff receives proper orientation, in-service education and on-the-job training.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 5 years management experience in a Long Term Care residence;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred as well as past experience demonstrating progressive leadership and hands-on approach to monitoring and evaluating resident care;
- A valid Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses in your province and a member in good standing;
- Post graduate studies in nursing, nursing administration and geriatrics are an asset;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation is essential, as are computer skills
Candidates must be able to work days, nights, evenings and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields