The Driver is responsible for transporting and chaperoning (as required), residents, staff and volunteers on outings including: errands, recreational programs and special events.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assists passengers in and out of the vehicle, and ensures that they are seated in a safe and proper manner;
- Assists with transporting residents in wheelchairs;
- Liaises with staff regarding attendees of outing;
- Assists staff and/or volunteers with outings as required;
- Acts as a chaperone on outings when required (i.e. lunches, museum and theatre excursions, etc.);
- Loads and unloads equipment in a safe and proper manner;
- Completes seat beat and safety checks before all outings;
- Maintains the vehicle’s interior and exterior, assuring it is clean and tidy;
- Maintains fluid and gas levels in vehicle and monitors vehicle for routine and unscheduled maintenance;
- Reports any problems regarding the operation of the vehicle to the General Manager.
- Accurately completes required documentation at the end of each trip.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum of one year experience driving/operating a Class F vehicle with a clean drivers abstract to be able to be eligible for coverage under Chartwell Retirement Residence’s insurance policy;
- Experience working and/or volunteering with seniors is an asset;
- Grade 12 education or equivalent;
- Current First Aid Certificate;
- Must be able to push substantial weight (160-180lbs).
Candidates must be available to work days and evenings.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields