The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Prepares meals for residents and guests ensuring dietary needs are met;
- Ensures residents are satisfied with all aspects of food preparation and presentation;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Food Services Manager/Food and Beverage Manager;
- Prepares and presents meals and food for special events in a manner that promotes a positive image and reputation to the public at large;
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner;
- Orders and receives food and supplies;
- Operates and cleans food production equipment and food preparation areas.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous experience in a volume food preparation environment in the health care or hospitality industry;
- Preferred Red Seal or current equivalent qualifications as a Cook from a recognized cooking program;
- Food Safe Certificates I and II considered an asset;
- First Aid Certification considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of special diets;
- Understanding and experience of the Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) program and food safety plan;
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
- Customer service orientation.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields