Sabino Canyon is seeking 2 nurses: a fantastic floor nurse and a nurse leader (preferably RN, but great LPNs may apply also) to join its 5-star team. We recently had a deficiency-free Department of Health Survey, are rated as "5-star" facility by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid and are listed as a top nursing facility in US News and World Report. If you thrive in a team environment please apply today!
About the Opportunity
- Provides direct nursing care to our residents.
- Informs nursing staff of new admissions, their expected time of arrival, room and assignment.
- Makes rounds with physicians as appropriate.
- Consults with resident's physician in providing the resident's care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc...
- Notifies the resident's physician when the resident is involved in an accident or incident.
- Carries out restorative and rehabilitative programs, to include self help and care.
- Administers services within the applicable scope of nursing practice, which may include: catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and range of motion exercises and caring for the dead or dying in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Admits, transfers and discharges residents.
- Meets with residents, and/or family members as appropriate.
- Prepares and administers medications as ordered by physician.
- Verifies the identity of the resident before administering the medication or treatment.
- Receives and records telephone orders and documents the prescribed treatments on the resident charts, cardex, medication cards and/or treatment.care plans as appropriate.
- Charts nurses' notes in a professional and appropriate manner that timely, accurately and thoroughly reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident's response to the care.
- Charts all reports of accidents/incidents involving residents.
- Charts all changes in the resident's condition and the response to those changes and communications with the resident's physician regarding the resident and the resident's treatment.
- Records new/changed diet orders and communicates the information to the Dietary department.
- Completes transfer forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Signs and dates all entries made in the resident's medical record.
- Reviews care plans daily to verify that appropriate care is rendered.
- Ensures that the assigned certified nursing assistants (CNAs) are aware of the resident care plans.
- Reads, writes, speaks and understands the English language.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Able to relate information concerning a resident's health.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved program.
- Posses a current and active state Registered Nursing license.
- Preferred 2 years experience in a skilled nursing facility.
On-the-job training provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Pre-employment investigations are required.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields