As a member of the Long Term Care Centre’s senior staff, the Social Worker will act as support to residents and their families including but not limited to, coordination of resident admissions in conjunction with the Director of Care, registered staff and office manager, orientation to the facility, interpretation and follow-through of resident and family needs, referral of resident and/or family intervention as required.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Providing support to residents and families;
- Conducting tours and interviews with potential clients;
- Facilitating admissions;
- Coordinating and maintaining a good relationship with outside agencies;
- Organizing and attending interdisciplinary conferences;
- Participating in and chairing relevant committees;
- Participating in CQI activities, accreditation committee.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in social work or other related field;
- A certificate or degree in Social Work or a related field;
- Must possess specialized knowledge in gerontology or any field related to seniors;
- Experience in a long-term care setting would be preferable.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields