The Assisted Living worker is responsible for assisting the Residents with the activities of daily living in a safe and caring manner. As a member of the Assisted Living team, they support and encourage the residents to build self-esteem, promote independence, and protect their rights to autonomy and dignity. Availability to work days, evenings, nights and weekends will also be required.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Experience supporting seniors with ADL’s;
- Experience working in an assisted living environment is an asset;
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent;
- Preferred post-secondary education in related care fields of PSW / HCA / DSW with medication course certification;
- Must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively in English;
- Customer service oriented;
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal and team relationships;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Ability to multi-task;
Must be able to respond to emergency situations.
Requirement Applicable to British Columbia ONLY:
- Successful completion of a Resident Care Aide Program with Medication Course.
- Active with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry.
- Providing services and maintaining professional interactions with residents, families and co-workers in a respectful manner;
- Reporting unsafe situations and feedback related to residents care and service to the designated supervisor;
- Developing and maintaining a professional relationship with residents, families, community partners and guests;
- Observing all policies and procedures, work standards and safety regulations; Health and Safety, fire/emergency policies and procedures of the facility
- Performing and recording information as directed;
- Assisting and attending to resident special needs and activities of daily living including support with personal hygiene, showering/bathing and dressing;
- Providing dietary support for dining room service, bussing, dishwashing services and meal preparations assigned in accordance with established work routines;
- Maintaining work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner;
- Providing personal laundry services for residents in accordance with established work routines;
- Operating and cleaning equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all areas related to residents as per work routines.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields