The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist in meeting residents' needs as directed by: assisting with residents belongings, unpack and store, clothing labels, giving bed, tub baths and showers to those requiring assistance, assisting with personal grooming such as hair and nail care and oral hygiene including cleaning teeth and dentures, feeding totally dependent residents and assist others with their meals and providing nourishments to residents between meals, assisting in the ambulation and toileting of residents, making residents' beds, change linen, tidy dresser, bedside tables and other furniture, collecting linen for dispatch to laundry and sort and store clean linen;
- Collect charts, records and reports ;
- Clean, sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment;
- Assist in the implementation of the Guidelines on Activation and the Activity Program e.g. bringing residents to scheduled activities;
- Assist in the development of resident care plans e.g. providing information for or participating in Resident Care Conferences, be thoroughly familiar with the care need intervention outlined in the resident care plan;
- Assist in the admission and discharge of residents by escorting new residents to assigned rooms, unpacking and storing their clothing and storing their valuables;
- Assist in the maintenance of optimal safety standards to ensure the safety of residents and other staff. Must be familiar with the occupational health and safety requirements of the position. Reports any injury or occupational hazards to immediate supervisor.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Certification as a Health Care Aide, Personal Support Worker or equivalent;
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering simple treatments and related bedside care to residents. Must be familiar with department policies and procedures. Must understand the basic of good sanitation and sterile techniques. Knowledgeable with respect to the needs of geriatric residents;
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills with ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, families and visitors; be sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the residents;
- Possess initiative and judgment in be willing to perform a variety of simple repetitive tasks many of which involve unpleasant conditions.
Candidates must be available to work days, evening, nights and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields