The Housekeeper performs a variety of housekeeping duties to ensure the residence is maintained in a safe, clean and sanitary condition.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Cleans and disinfects all common areas including dining room, bathrooms, lounges, activity areas, offices, hallways, stairways and other areas as directed;
- Cleans and disinfects resident suites including telephone, furniture, kitchen and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents, mirrors and windows;
- Dusts furniture and equipment;
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors, using brooms, mops and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machine;
- Vacuums and cleans/shampoos carpeted areas;
- Performs cleaning duties according to established procedures;
- Empties and cleans all waste containers and transports garbage to designated area;
- Makes up beds and changes linen as required;
- Straightens and rearranges furnishings as directed;
- Maintains utility and store rooms in a tidy and sanitary condition;
- Reports any damaged or unusable furniture and fixtures;
- Performs laundry duties as required (sorting, washing, drying, ironing, folding and delivering clean linen and clothing);
- Attends in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops, etc. as required;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous housekeeping experience is preferred but not mandatory;
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- First Aid & CPR Certificate preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good listening skills and the ability to follow instructions;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
Candidates must be available to work days .
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields