Reports to the Environmental Services Manager and performs a variety of housekeeping duties to ensure the Long Term Care Centre is maintained in a safe, clean and sanitary condition.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Keep work area clean and free from unsafe conditions. Report any unsafe conditions to immediate Supervisor;
- Observe all fire and safety rules and be on alert for the safety of the residents, staff and public;
- Works in a safe manner which abides by Occupational Health and Safety policies;
- Clean dining room, bedrooms, bathrooms, lounges, activity areas, offices, hallways, stairwells and other areas as directed;
- Clean, mop, wax and polish floors; dust furniture and equipment; arrange furniture in an orderly fashion;
- Clean and disinfect sinks, toilets, urinals and telephones daily. Operate a floor machine to buff dining rooms, bedrooms, lounges, corridors and office areas;
- Collect and dispose of garbage as required; keep utility rooms and store rooms in tidy and sanitary condition;
- Attend in-service education sessions, staff meetings, workshops etc. as directed by the Environmental Services Manager.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous housekeeping experience desirable but not mandatory;
- Completion of secondary school. Must be able to read and write and follow oral instructions.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields