The ideal candidate will be a positive person who will coordinate activity programs to meet the residents’ interests and needs. Reporting to the Programs & Support Services Manager, the successful candidate will possess the ability to develop, implement, and evaluate diversified programs and services to meet the physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of all residents.
The incumbent will have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience with activity planning, preferably in a long term care residence and excellent computer skills. A Degree or Diploma in Recreation/Activation/Leisure studies or a related field is required along with current first aid and CPR certification. A Smart Serve or Food Handler certificates as well as Montessori training are considered an asset. Availability to work days, evenings and weekends is also required.
Drawing on their excellent communication and organizational skills, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifying and assessing the residents’ needs to develop fulfilling activities;
- Encouraging resident participation in programs;
- Providing one on one support to residents while promoting interrelationships within our community;
- Providing support with the process of forecasting and monitoring expenditures of funds allocated to activation/recreation budgets;
- Providing residents with a safe and comfortable environment by remaining aware of risk management issues that could compromise safety or incur liability;
- Maintaining excellent documentation systems;
- Participating in strategic planning and quality management practices.
Successful candidate must provide a current criminal record check and vulnerable sector search.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields