The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and assessing the residents’ needs to develop fulfilling activities;
- Encouraging resident participation in programs;
- Providing one on one support to residents while promoting interrelationships within our community;
- Providing support with the process of forecasting and monitoring expenditures of funds allocated to activation/recreation budgets;
- Providing residents with a safe and comfortable environment by remaining aware of risk management issues that could compromise safety or incur liability;
- Maintaining excellent documentation systems;
- Participating in strategic planning and quality management practices.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience with activity planning, preferably in a long term care residence;
- Excellent computer skills;
- A Degree or Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation/Activation/Leisure studies, Kinesiology or a related field;
- Current first aid and CPR certification;
- A Smart Serve or Food Handler certificates are considered an asset.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.