- Perform all aspects of dining room service and resident functions, including table/tray presentation, preparation and serving of beverages and accompaniments, serving of food and clearing of dining room, resident bistro and bar/lounge areas.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of food under the direction of the Chef.
- Perform general cleaning duties and routines, including vacuuming dining room carpet and mopping floors.
- Assist in the kitchen as required which may include tasks such as scrape, stack, and rack dishes and return them to storage.
- Clean and fill condiment containers.
- Adhere to all appropriate workplace regulations, compliances, and legislation regarding health and safety, food preparation standards, and Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism by following the Company dress code and/or wearing the Company uniform at all times.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in mandatory training as required.
- Other duties as assigned. Performance Requirements
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively within the team, suppliers, residents and families as well as external service resources.
- Demonstrated ability to organize workload/multi-task. • Ability to remain calm and poised in tense situations.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong verbal/written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of restaurant kitchen duties is an asset.
- Proficiency with POS computer system where applicable
- Food Handler and Smart Serve certification an asset
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety regulations.
- Flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Frequently lift up to 35 pounds; occasionally pull up to 50 lbs.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised for at least 3 hours per day.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 3 hours per day.
- Climb stairs, lift and move small equipment, linen bags.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation for applicants with a disability is available, upon request, for the interview process and for other candidate selection methods.