The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Prepares food for serving to residents;
- Ensures resident satisfaction with meal service;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Food Services Manager/Food and Beverage Manager;
- Performs the set-up, serving and tear down services at booked catering events;
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner. Projects an appropriate image and focuses on customer service excellence.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous food services experience in a retirement residence, long term care residence or other hospitality environment;
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- Food Safe Level 1 Certificate is preferred;
- Smart Serve Certificate is preferred;
- First Aid Certificate is preferred;
- Ability or read, write and follow written and verbal instructions in English;
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.