The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Prepares food for serving to residents;
- Ensures resident satisfaction with meal service;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Food Services Manager/Food and Beverage Manager;
- Performs the set-up, serving and tear down services at booked catering events;
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner. Projects an appropriate image and focuses on customer service excellence.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous food services experience in a retirement residence, long term care residence or other hospitality environment;
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- Food Safe Level 1 Certificate is preferred;
- Smart Serve Certificate is preferred;
- First Aid Certificate is preferred;
- Ability or read, write and follow written and verbal instructions in English;
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields