The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the development and implementation of programs and services that meet the six dimensions of wellness (social, physical, intellectual, emotional, vocational and spiritual needs of all residents);
- Assist with the development and preparation of communication tools (newsletters, posters, notices, calendars, etc.) designed to provide residents in the retirement community, seniors located outside of our retirement community and volunteers, with information regarding current and future activities and special events;
- Inform Management of residents’ concerns and issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Create a safe, pleasant, creative and non-threatening recreational environment;
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 1-3 years related experience in a retirement community or health care environment;
- Experience in a customer service environment;
- Graduate of a post-secondary education program relating to recreation, gerontology, social work or proven related experience.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.