The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Maintains department files and records, including correspondence, forms, and routine office records and reports;
- Receives incoming mail, co-ordinates distribution and processes outgoing mail;
- Answers telephone and greets visitors. Responds to routine inquiries in person and by phone, relaying calls and messages to the appropriate personnel;
- Processes accounts payable and accounts receivable including verification of totals and coding as required;
- Processes daily bank deposits for resident accounts receivable account;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the General Manager;
- Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to other team members;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous experience working in a similar position required (including a working knowledge of office procedures and elementary bookkeeping);
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- Post secondary education in a related field (e.g. Medical/Office Assistant) is considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a working knowledge of Excel and Word.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields