The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Assists with the development and implementation of internal and external programs and services that meet the six dimensions of wellness (social, physical, intellectual, emotional, vocational and spiritual needs of residents);
- Assists with the development and preparation of communication tools (newsletters, posters, notices, calendars, etc.) designed to provide residents, seniors located outside of our retirement residence and volunteers, with information regarding current and future activities and special events;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Lifestyle and Program Manager;
- Creates a safe, pleasant, creative and non-threatening recreational environment;
- Develops and maintains effective interpersonal relationships with residents and other staff members.
- Recruits residents to participate in programs;
- Monitors and documents resident participation in activities, and reports any changes in activity levels.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Previous experience working in a similar position required (including a working knowledge of office procedures and elementary bookkeeping);
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- Post secondary education in a related field (e.g. Medical/Office Assistant) is considered an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a working knowledge of Excel and Word.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields