The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Based on Chartwell’s business plan and corporate goals, and in consultation with the Director, Business Services, the Accounts Payable Manager is expected to lead a team of accounts payable professionals and will be responsible to:
- Provide oversight and supervision of the Accounts Payable team including directing staff in full cycle Accounts Payable, including processing vendor invoices and payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the resolution of escalated issues or concerns by residences and vendors pertaining to payment disbursements.
- Monitor daily statistics and activities and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Manage and report on key performance metrics for the Accounts Payable function, including but not limited to monitoring and reporting of Accounts Payable aging.
- Recruitment, training, coaching, career development, evaluating Accounts Payable staff members and conducting performance reviews.
- Effectively manages onboarding of newly acquired residences and new development properties.
- Work with vendors to streamline invoice receipt and payment process.
- Take a key role on system changes and implementation and ensure that all changes are adequately tested and documentation has been completed.
- Identify and recommend areas for improvements in the department and provide oversight to implementation of these improvements to strengthen internal controls and processes.
- Maintain compliance with internal controls and support the Internal Control and Compliance team in relation to testing and business process design.
- Support external auditors in respect of quarterly reviews and year end audits.
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives.
- Guide, monitor and report on strategic and business plan initiatives throughout the year.
- Assist and support annual Strategic Planning and budget process where appropriate.
- Directly supervise and mentor team members.
- Motivate team and lead by example.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum 5-8 years related management experience.
- Must have experience in a high volume accounts payable processing environment.
- Public company experience (preferred).
- Hands on use of financial system software, with expert knowledge in the accounts payable module.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business
- Professional accounting designation (preferred).
- Strong knowledge of accounting and management principles and Accounts Payable procedures.
- Strong planning skills and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent coaching and influencing skills to build customer service and technical capabilities.
- Strong sense of urgency working in a fast-paced environment achieving deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think through problems, assess a variety of factors and recommend solutions.
- Ability to build an understanding of the company's business and processes.
- Expertise in strengthening internal controls and processes.
- Ability to readily adapt to and lead through changing technology environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal).
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with ERP software and Microsoft Office (required), Yardi (an asset).
- Bilingualism (English/French) required.
Accounts Payable Data Clerk (8), Accounts Payable Advisors (6) & Accounts Payable Technical Advisors (2)
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields