The responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that on-site work areas are clean and safe and ensure walkways are kept free of snow, ice, and debris;
- Complete all routine fire and other preventative maintenance inspections on a schedule basis and ensure appropriate record keeping;
- Observe all fire, safety, and health regulations and is alert for the safety of residents, staff, and public. Abide by the occupational health and safety policies;
- Responsible for the immediate repair of defective equipment affecting resident care, i.e., beds, chairs, etc. If unable to repair, reports problem to the General Manager;
- Regulate and repair taps, toilets, etc., and unstop taps and drains depending upon complexity of operations;
- In conjection with the Maintenance Manager, completes all routine inspections of lighting and repairing light fixtures and outlets, changing bulbs, connecting light fixtures to outlets, replacing ballasts and other related duties. May be required to test electrical circuits, equipment and appliances using pre-set instruments;
- Assist in the repair and/or maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment, i.e., pressure vessels, pumps, fans, electrical motors, steam boilers, etc.;
- May be required to perform minor carpentry projects.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 1 to 2 years experience in a related capacity is required. A working knowledge of WHMIS;
- High school education with some related supplemental technical training is required;
- Valid provincial driver's license.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields