The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the preparation and cooking of meals for senior residents of a retirement residence according to the menus in place;
- Providing special diet requirements;
- Assisting the dietary staff while ensuring a clean and safe work environment is maintained;
- General kitchen duties.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 1- 2 years of related experience in a retirement residence/long term home, hotel, or restaurant;
- Self-motivated individual who possesses effective communication and organizational skills and is a co-operative team player;
- Able to follow department regulations and standards and has completed a Food Handling Course and Food Safety Training;
- Experience with seniors is an asset.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields