The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the preparation of meals for residents and guests in accordance with Chartwell Brand Hospitality Standards;
- Assists in the preparation of meals and food for special events in a manner that promotes a positive image and reputation to the public at large;
- Ensures compliance with safe food handling practices and public health requirements;
- Assists in the preparation and cooking of meals according to pre-set menus and the special dietary requirements of residents and guests;
- Prepares cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, etc.
- Measures ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Performs basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, etc., washes and cuts food;
- Assists in portioning, arranging and garnishing food, prepares salads and sandwiches;
- Ensures use of proper food handling techniques.
- Maintains a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes/utensils, sanitizing work surfaces, etc.
- Assists in receiving and storing incoming food and supplies.
- Completes daily temperature audits of fridge, freezer and storerooms and records findings.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a volume food preparation environment (preferably in a retirement residence, long term care residence or the hospitality industry);
- Must possess a Food Safe Level 1 certificate (Food Safe Level 2 certificate preferred);
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent;
- Team player;
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions;
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints;
- Must be able to operate related equipment;
- Must possess high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
- Customer service orientation.
Candidates must be available to work nights.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields