The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the immediate repair of defective equipment affecting resident care (e.g. beds, chairs, etc.);
- Regulates and repairs taps, toilets, etc. Unstops taps and drains depending upon complexity of operations;
- Conducts routine inspections, and repairs light fixtures and outlets, changes light bulbs, connects light fixtures to outlets, replaces ballasts and other related duties. May be required to test electrical circuits, equipment and appliances using pre-set instruments;
- Assists in the repair and/or maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment (e.g. pressure vessels, pumps, fans, electrical motors, steam boilers, etc.);
- May be required to perform minor carpentry projects;
- Completes assignments according to priority and documents services provided. Completes minor duties on planned preventive maintenance program and documents service provided;
- Receives supplies and stores in designated areas;
- Ensures that on-site work areas are clean and safe and ensures walkways are kept free of snow, ice, and debris;
- Completes all routine fire and other preventative maintenance inspections on a scheduled basis and ensures appropriate recordkeeping;
- Observes all fire, safety, and health regulations and is alert for the safety of residents, other staff members, and the public. Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures;
- Promptly reports/takes corrective action to address actual or potentially hazardous situations;
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- One to two years’ experience in a related capacity. A working knowledge of WHMIS;
- Grade 12 Diploma with some related supplemental technical training is required;
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision;
- Ability to perform required physical duties which may include bending, kneeling, reaching, standing for extended periods of time, climbing ladders, lifting and carrying boxes, tools and equipment.
Candidates must be available to work days and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields