The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and production of all meals and catering services as listed on weekly menu including therapeutic diets and menu alternatives;
- Assist with ordering food from approved vendors and completing inventory;
- Assist and participates in the menu planning, follows recipes and provides input on resident acceptability and feedback to the Food and Nutrition Manager for adjustment and revision;
- Responsible for collecting food samples from every meal, properly labeling and storing in the freezer for up to one week, responsible to ensure food samples past seven days are discarded;
- Responsible for presenting an appetizing and appealing meal for the residents with required garnishes;
- Ensures that the appropriate and correct temperature of the food is maintained and monitors risk, quality, quantity, appearance and portion sizes;
- Responsible for cleaning, maintenance and safety of all kitchen equipment such as stove, ovens, etc. based on daily and deep cleaning schedule.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Certificate of Qualification in the trade of Cook or Institutional Cook from a recognized Apprenticeship program or College;
- Current Food Handlers Safety Awareness certification;
- Previous professional experience in quantity cooking in a health care setting an asset;
- Knowledge of sanitation, hygiene, food production, safety and therapeutic diets;
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational ability in supervising staff;
- Reliable and able to work with others in a team atmosphere;
- Time management skills with ability to prioritize and multitask;
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Canidates must be able to work days, evenings and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields