The Recreation Therapists is responsible for the recreation programming, coordination and delivery for the residents in accordance with regulatory compliance. In this role, you will develop, promote and implement quality recreation programming covering the physical, spiritual, cognitive and social needs of the residents.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Conducting interviews with residents and family members using assessment and evaluation tools;
- Providing leadership and direction to staff and volunteers involved in recreation;
- Liaising with external agencies and individuals involved in senior focused organizations/associations;
- Conducting resident assessments and participates in care conferences providing a summary of the resident's activity;
- Collecting data indicators and completes audit tools.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Graduate from a recognized post-secondary recreational program with a gerontology focus in therapeutic recreation or is a certified Recreation Therapist;
- Preference will be given to candidates with seniors health care experience;
- Candidate must have a Class 4 license and a current First Aid certificate.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields