The Environmental Services Manager is responsible for the organization and co-ordination of ancillary environmental services in the facility including maintenance services (grounds, equipment, machinery), laundry services and housekeeping. Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors, and staff members. All duties are performed in the best interest of the residents and their families, and in accordance with Chartwell's vision mission and values statements.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Devising and implementing work routines to meet the housekeeping, laundry and maintenance requirements;
- Establishes methods and procedures for a preventative maintenance schedule and for minor repairs including plumbing, electrical, heating systems as well as windows and doors;
- Coordinates the hiring and orientation for new staff members, monitors performance and conducts in-service education sessions and department staff meetings;
- Completes work orders and communicates maintenance repair needs to corporate Environmental Coordinator for final approval;
- As an integral member of the site leadership team, participates in decision-making particularly in matters related to staff and resident health and safety.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity;
- Post secondary education in an accredited course in building services supervision;
- Sound knowledge of the Nursing Home Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and other legislation that influences the operation;
- Extensive knowledge of maintenance and experience supervising buildings
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields