The Food Service Manager is responsible for the overall leadership and effective management of the food services department, including meal preparation and the hiring and supervision of dietary staff.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Prepares or monitors the preparation of service daily and special event menu plans to ensure individual dietary needs;
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with residents and their families in order to determine individual needs, resolve issues or concerns, and evaluate resident satisfaction;
- Ensuring that the services provided to resident’s meets or exceeds client and Chartwell’s expectations;
- Providing residents with a safe and comfortable environment;
- Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to the other members of the team;
- Provides leadership and direction to food services staff;
- Support Corporate office negotiating with suppliers to obtain optimum agreement on delivery schedules;
- Sharing information and participating on committees to develop and implement best practices throughout Chartwell communities;
- Chairing the Food Committee or Food Advisory Committee;
- Consulting with the dietician / Director of Food and Beverage when applicable to determine appropriate dietary need for menu planning purposes;
- As an integral member of the site leadership team, participates in decision-making particularly in matters related to staff and resident health and safety.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in a volume food preparation environment in the healthcare or in the hospitality industry;
- Minimum 1 year experience in front of house and customer service;
- Experience in handling Labour Relations issues preferable.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma in Food and Beverage Management from a recognized institution or current qualification as a chef and possess a Food Service Supervisors certificate.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields