The Resident Attendant shall provide personal care and other services to residents in a safe efficient manner, according to the policies and procedures of the retirement residence.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Providing personal care, housekeeping, and laundry services for seniors in a retirement residence setting;
- Provides services and interacts with guests and family members in a professional manner;
- Assists and attends to special needs of the residents as required;
- Provides food preparation, dining room service, busing and dishwashing services in accordance with established work routines;
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner;
- Provides personal laundry services for residents in accordance with established work routines;
- Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all areas related to residents as per work routines;
- Provides medications according to the home’s policies and procedures for medication administration.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Previous experience in providing laundry, food or personal care;
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent;
- Preferred post secondary education in related care fields of PSW/HCA/ DSW certification;
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions;
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills.
Available to work days, evening, nights, weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields