Our Food and Nutrition Manager reports directly to the Administrator for the Long Term Care Centre and is responsible for the overall operation of the Dietary Department including supervision and coordination of staffing needs.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and cooking meals for senior residents of a long term care home according to the menus in place;
- Ensuring that the kitchen is maintained to public health and MOHLTC guidelines;
- Hiring, orientating, educating, and supervising of dietary staff;
- Budget control, as well as inventory and ordering processes;
- Participation in the Continuous Quality Improvement program;
- As an integral member of the site leadership team, participates in decision-making particularly in matters related to staff and resident health and safety.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 2- 3 years of related experience in a retirement residence/long term home, hotel, or restaurant;
- Graduate from a recognized program in Food & Nutrition Management, in addition, the incumbent must be an active member in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management or a Registered Dietitian, with a current provincial Safe Food Handling Certificate.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields