The Driver is responsible for transporting and chaperoning (as required), residents, staff and volunteers on outings including: errands, recreational programs and special events.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assists passengers on and off the bus, and ensures that they are seated in a safe and proper manner;
- Assists with transporting residents in wheelchairs;
- Liaises with staff regarding attendees of outing;
- Assists staff and/or volunteers with outings as required;
- Acts as a chaperone on outings when required (i.e. lunches, museum and theatre excursions, etc.);
- Loads and unloads equipment in a safe and proper manner;
- Maintains fluid and gas levels in bus and monitors bus for routine and unscheduled maintenance;
- Reports any problems regarding operation of the bus to the General Manager;
- Accurately completes required documentation at the end of each trip.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum of one year experience driving/Class 4 with a clean drivers abstract;
- Experience working and/or volunteering with seniors is an asset;
- Grade 12 education or equivalent;
- Current First Aid Certificate.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields