The Restorative Aide provides assistance to the physiotherapist in carrying out a broad range of interventions which maximize resident potential for independence, improved mobility, transferability and pain relief.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Implement and maintain individual and group programs as developed by the Nursing Restorative Care Co-ordinator, including ambulation, restorative exercise, and pain relief;
- To assist the resident with an exercise program, and able to administer an exercise program;
- Encouraging resident participation in programs;
- Identify inadequacies of resident in Activities of Daily Living and together with the Occupational therapist organize activities to promote progress;
- Providing residents with a safe and comfortable environment by remaining aware of risk management issues that could compromise safety or incur liability;
- Maintaining excellent documentation systems.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- A sound knowledge and background in Long Term Care focusing on a working knowledge of rehabilitation, physiotherapy and gerontology. A sound knowledge of the Long Term Care Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and any other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislation that influence the operation of a nursing home;
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate and Restorative Care Certificate;
- The ability to develop, implement, and evaluate diversified programs and services to meet the physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of all residents.
Candidates must be available to work days and evenings.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields