Assists in preparing and serving food to residents, family members, visitors and staff in the nursing home setting. Assures accuracy when serving specific diets to residents. Works toward providing home like environment and person centered care from the dietary department. Works with other dietary staff in keeping the dietary setting clean and sanitary as well as a safe working environment.
Full or part time. Responsible for assisting in preparing and serving meals in the nursing home setting. Serving correct diet to resident and providing a home like environment or person centered care. Works with dietary staff in keeping the dietary department clean and sanitary as well as a safe working environment.
Training and Experience:
- Minimal 18 years of age, grade school education
- Ability to work as part of interdisciplinary team to provide home like environment or personal centered care while providing nutritious meals for residents, families, visitors and at times staff.
- Adhering to HIPAA regulations, OSHA regulations and state and federal guidelines.
- Familiar with lock out tag out procedures and use of personal protective equipment.
- Prefer experience in dishwashing and or operation of such equipment.
- Prefer experience in quantity food production.
- Operation of dietary / kitchen appliances in safe manner.
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures and display professional behavior.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines regarding resident confidentiality
- Demonstrate respect for residents and resident’s family members by assisting or problem solving issues
- Assist in preparation and serving of food as well as clean up and keeping a sanitary dietary area.
- Possess high standards for dietary sanitations, safety measures, and care and maintenance of equipment
Category II Exposure is not part of routine job however may be exposed, within scope of performing duties such as resident nose bleeds or injury. Employee mandated to use personal protective equipment such as gloves, gown and face protection.
- Assist in preparation of food for special actives for residents, visitors and or staff.
- Attend and serve food during inservice or staff meetings if requested.
- Store and organize food in a safe and sanitary manner. Use carts, lumbar supports, life small quantity rather than large boxes to prevent injury.
- Wash dishes, utensils and other kitchen equipment. Keep supplies stored in safe manner.
- Serve food and drinks in timely manner.
- Ensure work area, utensils, and equipment are maintained in a sanitary and safe manner. Inspect electrical equipment and report and maintenance needs.
- Set and clear tables for and after meals.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields