The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the effective functioning and the upkeep and appearance of the physical plant, furniture and equipment in single and multiple lifestyle communities.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Ensures safety of staff and residents by regularly maintaining equipment and furniture and by providing general upkeep to the physical plant and its large systems;
- Plans and implements a regular daily, weekly, monthly and yearly schedule of preventative maintenance activities to ensure the plant and equipment are safe and in good working order;
- Provides minor building, electrical, plumbing and equipment repair services to ensure the optimum functioning of the physical plant and equipment;
- Identifies and investigates physical plant deficiencies and equipment malfunctions and takes the appropriate corrective action;
- Receives and stores all non-kitchen related deliveries.
- Sources and orders services/supplies focusing on obtaining the highest quality for the most reasonable price.
- As an integral member of the site leadership team, participates in decision-making particularly in matters related to staff and resident health and safety.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Extensive experience as a maintenance worker;
- Demonstrated skills in light carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting and equipment maintenance;
- Certificate from a program in general maintenance;
- Effective communication skills;
- Familiar with provincial health and safety legislation;
- A Co-operative team player;
- Holds a valid driver’s licence;
- Experience in a retirement residence or a seniors apartment building as well as WSIB Health and Safety Certification is an asset.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields