Commonwealth Assisted Living provides high-quality senior housing, personal care and comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families. While we've grown to become one of the largest providers of assisted living and memory care in the state of Virginia, we have not lost our small town focus where resident satisfaction is our first priority.
The Activity Director leads the Activities program for the community. The Activities program should encompass activities that require the use of all five senses for the residents. The Activity Director designs and executes the program, in consultation with the Executive Director and other community leaders. The Activity Director works closely with the Resident Care Director to document any changes in behavior or condition.
- Plans, develops, and prepares a variety of exercise, social, recreational and educational events.
- Schedules all transportation as well as medical transportation for residents.
- Develops, writes, and circulates the community monthly and weekly newsletter.
- Assists with move-in process by providing information and guidance to new residents.
- Maintains knowledge of communities, services, and events in the area and incorporates into activity schedule as appropriate.
- Establishes a warm and welcoming atmosphere for residents and staff.
- Attends regularly scheduled department head meetings.
- Promotes teamwork and positive attitude among the staff and monitors/attends activities with other disciplines as necessary.
- Continually evaluates the quality and consistency of activities for residents and makes adjustments, corrections, and changes as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree, Activity Director Certification, or a four year degree; prefer a degree in Recreational Therapy.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in recreation.
- Strong computer skills and general healthcare knowledge.
- Previous Activities Director, and/or Senior Living experience preferred.
- Prefer CDL Driver’s License, or the ability/willingness to obtain CDL.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields