Commonwealth Assisted Living
Welcome home! Come join our team!
Commonwealth Assisted Living provides high-quality senior housing, personal care and comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families. While we've grown to become one of the largest providers of assisted living and memory care in the state of Virginia, we have not lost our small town focus where resident satisfaction is our first priority.
The purpose of the Registered Medication Aide role is to provide high quality care and services to meet the overall needs of residents in a caring, consistent, and efficient manner though a personal, one-on-one approach. He or she ensures that residents receive comprehensive care and services by assisting them in the administration of medications, in accordance with current licensing regulations.
Must be able to work a variety of shifts (7-3 and 3-11)
- Administers and accurately records the administration of medications for residents as prescribed by the physician in accordance with established policies and procedures of Commonwealth Assisted Living and applicable state/federal regulations. Observes, records and reports to the Resident Care Director, or designee, symptoms and conditions of residents that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions or medication side effects.
- Determines and records effectiveness of medications in a timely and accurate manner as required by state and federal regulations and provides and promotes resident’s rights during the administration of medications.
- Stores medications in a safe and accurate manner in accordance with established policies and procedures of Commonwealth Assisted Living and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Monitors medications to ensure adequate accountability measures are taken when medications are ordered, received into the community, administered and at change of shift as required by policies and procedures of Commonwealth Assisted Living and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Routinely inspects, cleans and monitors equipment and supplies to ensure resident safety. Reports any equipment or supply issues to the Resident Care Director for correction or repair.
- Obtains, records and reports vital signs as indicated during the administration of medications.
- Demonstrates awareness of proper infection control practice by using Universal Precautions and following policies and procedures of the company, including OSHA’s Blood-borne Pathogen Standard.
- Communicates to residents, staff and others in accurate and factual manner and seeks clarification from or refers questions to Resident Care Director when indicated.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as listed in the Certified Nurse Assistant job description.
- This employee must have successfully completed course work and examinations to obtain certification as both Certified Nurse Assistant and Certified Medication Aide.
- The RMA must obtain continuing education credits as required by the state to maintain certification as a RMA and must provide evidence of continued certification to the community in a timely and accurate manner.
- The RMA must possess knowledge of safe medication administration technique and demonstrate this knowledge with a medication error rate of 5% or below.
- The RMA must recognize complications, adverse actions or side effects of medications and obtain input from the Resident Care Director as indicated to ensure the optimum health and safety of the resident.
- The RMA must understand and practice resident confidentiality.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields