The Health and Wellness Manager will provide guidance to their staff and a commitment to ensure the residents of the retirement residence enjoy a quality of life exceeding their expectations.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- To ensure that residents receive care to meet their needs and promote wellness;
- To monitor the well-being of those residents who are not requiring care;
- To complete paperwork necessary for the admission and discharge of a resident. and on-going documentation;
- Effectively uses the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating to provide high quality nursing care to the residents;
- Ensures that the resident and/or his/her family are involved, where appropriate, in decisions affecting his/her care;
- Hire, train and supervise members of the Resident Care Team;
- As an integral member of the site leadership team, participates in decision-making particularly in matters related to staff and resident health and safety.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A valid Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses in your province;
- Holds current first aid and CPR certification;
- Demonstrate strong organizational and assessment skills;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation is essential;
- Computer skills and training in dementia care is essential.