The Personal Care Provider is responsible for providing care to residents according to their care plans and assisting in the identification of resident needs.
The incumbent’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting residents with belongings & personal grooming;
- Assisting in the admission and discharge of residents;
- Effectively communicating and interacting with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering simple treatments and related bedside care to residents;
- Understanding of basics of good sanitation and clean techniques;
- Knowledgeable with respect to the needs of geriatric residents;
- Good communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, families and visitors
- Previous work experience in a Long Term Care setting;
- Must be sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the residents;
- Graduate of Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate/Diploma Program.
Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, nights and weekends.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields