Education: Grade 12
Experience: 1-2 Years
West Park Crossing Retirement Community of Moose Jaw, a stunning new 79 suite Personal Care and Memory Care community currently under construction is seeking dependable and experienced individuals for the Cook position. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: adhering to all food-related food safety preparation and sanitation standards; preparing meals that are nutritious, appetizing, and attractive, completion of required temperature logs etc., and adhering to cleaning/sanitation standards.
Minimum job qualifications and requirements
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Have two years experience in institutional or full service restaurant cooking.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Meet provincial health related requirements.
- Maintain food handlers permit as required by state or provincial regulations.
- Maintain any other certifications as required by provincial regulations.
Security and Safety
- Health care institution
Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Job task planning and organizing
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Standing for extended periods
- Attention to detail
- Physically demanding
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Fast-paced environment
- Ensure quality of food and portion control
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities
- Prepare and cook meals and specialty foods including dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Safe Food Handling certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields